Powersun question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Hello all
I was just at a pet store checking out the MVB's. I noticed that there were 2 different powersun MVB's. Both were 100 watt, but one said flood lamp, and the other did not. Can someone explain the difference? I feel kinda silly asking, it's probably something I already know.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I have never seen one that said flood lamp on it I just at an old box I had it says 100 watt self-ballasted mercury vapor uvb lamp maybe it's an older box

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
coreyc said:
I have never seen one that said flood lamp on it I just at an old box I had it says 100 watt self-ballasted mercury vapor uvb lamp maybe it's an older box

My box says the same thing as coreyc's box. Nothing about floor lamp. Mine is pretty new about a month old.

Snapper

5 Year Member
British Columbia
weird. The pet store staff didn't know the difference either, but that's not a surprise.

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Flood lamp just means the light is projected out rather then just down IE spot lamp, all powersun bulbs made by zoo med right now are flood style. Zoomed makes a floor lamp for the bird market that produces UV but is not a MV type bulb. I would suggest you buy on-line, it will save you a small fortune and you will get fresh product. For instance I sell the 100W zoo med powersun UV bulbs for $39.99.

Snapper

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Thank you for explaining that. I always buy online, but sometimes just check things out when I'm at the pet store. So you sell the powersun MVB? Do you have a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.