Potential death of another Sulcata

Nicole edwards

Location (City and/or State)
Mississippi
UPDATE: She has opened her eyes today. 3rd day on antibiotics. I've noticed some kinda bug in her substrate. Will be getting new substrate and change it immediately after class. I might suspect those pesky bug bite her neck, causing the lump. Doc said the lump might has caused an infection all the way to her mouth tho. Fingers crossed for this baby. Force feeding her 3-4 times a day of Oxbow critical care in a single drop of less than 0.1ml per feed.

Looks like she's improving!!! :)

kennrocks

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Eyes open, active again but still not eating y
Hope it continues that way.
Any updates on this baby?
72b51d49-6784-45c8-ba41-f565edf076b2.jpg
Eyes open, active under sun but still refusing to eat :( may still need to force feed but no more runny nose, neck wound dried up and mouth seems to be clear from infection.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Soaking her in the Oxbow mix at the moment. Should I still get the baby food? I can head out and geddit :D
I would, any extra nutrients you can get into her would be good in my opinion.
Mix half a jar of something like Gerber carrot baby food in with her bath water.
Can't do any harm.

kennrocks

5 Year Member
Malaysia
She looks so much better!! Did you try the colored pet store food that you soak?
Yupp, mazuri. She hates it tho :/

what is/was her favorite foods?
Pumpkin. She just sleeps in her food dish, on top of the pumpkin...... lol

20160911_082022.jpg
Her right nostril seems a little swelled tho. Taking her out to soak 8am sun hahaa. I'm from Malaysia so it doesn't get too cold.

93f8240c-b4a5-4677-ada7-3203b6ebef2f.jpg
i've also noticed her butt seems abit off. Why are so many complications coming at one go? what have I done wrong? :(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm sure it's not you that has done anything wrong. It most likely was done to her before you ever got her. Or, it just was meant to be. So sorry your having a ruff time of it. Hopefully she will pull through and give you a long live of enjoyment. Good luck.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
unfortunately a lot of people think tortoises are invincible. But sadly when they're very young even a short time with wrong care can have disastrous consequences.

kennrocks

5 Year Member
Malaysia
I'm sure it's not you that has done anything wrong. It most likely was done to her before you ever got her. Or, it just was meant to be. So sorry your having a ruff time of it. Hopefully she will pull through and give you a long live of enjoyment. Good luck.
She just lays there, already soaked her in baby food twice this morning, she seems very lifeless. I don't understand what's going on. This is really emotionally exhausting..

ccda5f19-4632-4758-b9b0-6ef65cb9c5cf.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Awww, poor thing, I feel so bad for her and you. If you haven't been told yet, add plain piedialyte to her soaks along with the baby food. Maybe that will give her the extra push she needs.
I'm so sorry. Your doing a great job though, trying to save her.

kennrocks

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Awww, poor thing, I feel so bad for her and you. If you haven't been told yet, add plain piedialyte to her soaks along with the baby food. Maybe that will give her the extra push she needs.
I'm so sorry. Your doing a great job though, trying to save her.
Ok will get it. She's swinging her head up and down now. Sigh. What symptom is this? Difficulty breathing?

kennrocks

5 Year Member
Malaysia
Eyes wont even blink or close just wide open, gasping for air with her motionless body. Limbs just hang out. Keeps reaching her head upwards. I managed to force feed her a little tho.