Potential Additon

Lyles

I've been considering adding another to my herd. I really want a good looking female ornate, and I'm waiting on a couple of suppliers to get back to me with some pics of their stock. However, I ran into an ad for this guy.

DgKNEiu.jpg

I already have a male Eastern, but the pattern and color really call out to me. I notice that he has some shell damage in the exact place my Eastern has, do aggressive male Easterns typically bite the shells in that location?

In any case, I'm seriously considering getting this guy over a female ornate. I asked for more pictures all around so I can get a better look to see if there is any more damage, but he looks healthy from this side. What do you guys think?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
She is a nice looking girl. I like her. Even I don't own any ornate. Congrats in advance. Hahahaha...

M

Maggie Cummings

Eastern males are beautiful....but female ornata have the personality. I have a few female ornata and they are almost a circus..

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
Boy tough to pass on the colors and patterns of this stud.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This is a beautiful animal whom hopefully would pass on those genes to offspring. Now the hard questions... do you have room for another male? In your mind's eye, what do you see for future breeding programs, as in which animal this male or female ornate is going to get you to your dreams better?

Lyles

Right now I'm seeing who will contact me first with pics I requested, and so far none has delivered.

It's been a week since I first contacted two suppliers of ornates that claimed to have a large stock of Juvies-Young Adults. I reminded them Wen. and then again today. How hard is it to procure 5-10 pics of your stock? Should only take 5 min. to snap some group shots and email them as attachment. Hell I'm not looking for glamor shots lol. One of them I did business with before and I recall the service was fast. I don't understand why they aren't eager to make a sale.

That lady with the Eastern hasn't even looked at her messages yet, and she could of already sold him and just didn't bother going back to the classifieds to close ad, she made account same day ad was posted. Oh well :/