Post-Vet and Deworming

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
It's been a couple of weeks since Paarthurnax had gone to the vet and had his medication for deworming. He is eating less and pooping less, which only makes sense since he isn't eating for the worms anymore, but being crazy overbearing mommy like I am, I am a little worried.

I'm also at the same time trying to get him to have more variety in his diet. Previously, he would only eat Romaine and leave everything else untouched. So I've started making a little mix of stuff as follows:
  • Minced prickly pear pads
  • Minced spring mix (so baby spinach, radicchio)
  • Minced broccoli
  • A tiny bit of tomatoes
All with a little bit of his calcium and vitamin supplements sprinkled on top.

I've left out the Romaine lettuce for now, since otherwise, he wouldn't eat anything else.

He hasn't eaten too much of it yet, but I think that's because it's all new to him. What do you guys think? Any suggestions for improvements?

e8cLvqn.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would offer more dark, leafy greens and lay off the broccoli and tomatoes for now.

HJ1983

New York City
My guy was given meds a week agog and I haven't seen a change in his appetite yet. The vet told me he'd be eating less but every time I talk to him he goes straight to his feeding rock. I have a pig tortoise. I'm glad your little guy is better.