Poor two day old turtle. Any ideas why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gran Pulse
The pictures did make me cry. I think Ascott said it best, my thoughts are with you and him during this time. I am glad he has you.

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
The little guy keeps rubbing his eyes. He does it most in the water. Why do you think he is doing that?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You said it looked like he kept trying to blink, perhaps the eye covering is not correctly there and so he can't quite work the eye covering as he knows he should? So maybe it gets things (like dirt) into it and he can't get it out or perhaps can not keep it moist like it needs to be.

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
Do you think it's possible it will correct itself or will he just live with it like that? Poor fella. :(

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
ascott said:
I think the little one is absolutely beautiful exactly the way he was meant to be .....sounds as though he was hatched out to the perfect caregiver and you two are a great match.....Please keep the pics and updates coming....:D

Agreed!

Is it the right side with the more developed limb that the potential eye is on? Interesting how he's growing on that side better than the left.

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
Yes the eye is on the more developed side but he runs both. The better side eye seemed to be open yesterday. I was very excited. Only time will tell. He is moving around way more. He ate a small cricket and a piece of a worm. He had a nice long soak and drank a lot. Hopefully just some TLC will go a long way.

chris_m90731

5 Year Member
That's horrible. You should have him euthanized. The poor little guy will have an extremely hard life.

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
He seems to be getting better in leaps and bounds! I hope he continues getting TLC and living the good life :)

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
Baby Turtles 2012 001.JPGHe has an eye!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH! He can see!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.