Poor babies... (CL ad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pet/3239412060.html

Look how dry and sandy. Irving is not far from me, but I do not have that adoption fee right now. Or a space set up for two more tortoises... (unless I build a brick enclosure outside maybe) and I would have to separate them eventually. Anyone else from the Dallas area want to give these babies a good home?

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
Good grief, this is what irritates me about people who don't research before they get a Sulcata. Any research at all would have helped and now this person wants $150 for two babies that have been so incredibly neglected? Unfortunately I am very far from Dallas, but I wish I could take them. I wouldn't give that person $150 though.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Here is my standard preach to these kinds of ads. However, my preach is to the op, here goes.

Did you contact them and offer some guidance? Ignoring to offer some polite, constructive non-judgmental advice is not helping the tortoise or it's new owner. They (person selling) it will pass on the same poor info they probably were told.
Don't forget, it has only been a few years that the majority of correct info has been available. I mean this in the nicest way, but to complain about someones care without offering some friendly advice does nothing and is pretty much just as bad. Email them some friendly info. Tell them about TFO. Even ask if they would pass on the sites and/or advice you have given them to the new owners. Wish them luck and say good bye. Now you have done something to help that tortoise. Whether s/he takes it or not, is not on you. Doing nothing, is on you.

jessrich87

5 Year Member
I have read that speech before, actually. And yes, I have contacted them. I just had to repost, hoping that someone in a better position to do so might adopt them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.