Poo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

spadget

5 Year Member
Hi guys,

Not sure if i should be worried or not, but the last week or so my little leopard tortoise has been "following through" a bit. It may just be normal but i hadnt noticed it before. She goes to the toilet normally as well but after she moves after chilling in one spot theres a little bit of poo left behind.

Anyone know if there might be a problem? Thanks

M

Maggie Cummings

Do you mean after she poops she leaves drips all over? My large Sulcata does that, leaves drips all over. I think it's normal...if that's not normal, what's wrong with Bob???

spadget

5 Year Member
No its not just after she goes, its just randomly throughout the day. There isnt a lot, just little spots of poo

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
Can you give us anymore background info? Is he soaked regularly, what does his diet consist of? Lighting and heating for him? Is he getting enough fiber/to much fiber?

spadget

5 Year Member
Well shes soaked about once a week..sometimes shes stays in for quite a while but sometimes she climbs out after a minute or so, must depend on her mood.

Her diet at the minute consists mainly of watercress, dried grass and opuntia cactus which grows here naturally. We also throw a few other things in sometimes if we find them such as endives etc...

We're trying to grow trays of grass and weeds too for her but they dont do so well over here as its a bit hot, so they're taking their time.

Lightning, she has the natural sun for the morning, and then we have a heat lamp for later on when she needs it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The cactus might be causing loose bowel. Try cutting back a bit on that. You're lucky that you have some sun for your babies.

moswen

5 Year Member
hah oh shelly that's awful!

i actually have that problem with mos sometimes. mos's looks like just a brown runny spot, it's not like hard poo that stays molded to the way his poo usually looks. is this what you're talking about? i agree with yvonne, it usually happens when i've been feeding cactus more than usual... i.e. when i forget to go to the store and they have to eat weeds and cactus for 2-3 days...

spadget

5 Year Member
Yeah thats what its like. She seems ok now, but will keep an eye on her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.