How long can you store tortoise poo water outside for?

leoturt

Location (City and/or State)
Western Canada
Wondering if it's safe (won't grow harmful bacteria/pathogens) to store my tort's poo water from it's soaks for like 6 months outside to use them later to water my plants/shrubs/dwarf mulberry tree when they start growing again in spring. I might get a large food grade storage tank to store the poo water if I can do this. I've watered my plants with my tort's poo water before and it seems to be really good for my plants, making them nice and green. Just not sure about long term storage.
It's just the liquid I'd store, the actual poop I don't know what to do with it but bury it or something. For a few months I used to flush all of it down the toilet but that's probably not a good idea since the poop does not dissolve. I've seen that some people use the actual poop to make compost.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'd hate to even think what that'd be like in 6 months.
But it'd definitely be a toxic sludge by that point. I'm pretty sure.
I dump mine out in my lawn. Water, poop, everything.
I wouldn't trust it for anything that my family would be eating.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I would think that it will grow enormous numbers of bacteria. And if you don't seal it up, the stench is going to knock you over.

However, if you have a strong enough stomach, the bacteria might be good for your plants. I'm just guessin'.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No poop dissolves, that's why if there is a septic system, it as to be pumped out, that's how they get the poop out.