Pms to Mods

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi
I have sent pms to about 5 diff mods over the last 5 hours or so, asking for help but no one has responded yet or even acknowledged receipt of them,so wondering if they are being received, or is everyone ignoring me?:(
Should I be doing something differently?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If you pm'd me, I recieved nothing. I always respond to my pm. If you didn't pm me, then the others may not be on yet. As far as I know, no one would ignore you.
Thanks wellington no I haven't tried you yet as didn't see you on line.
I do appreciate everyone is on at diff times and may not see the pms - just thought it strange that none of the 5 I have tried have got back to me with a yea or nay,so wondering of its a problem with the pm my end.
Do you mind if I try you now?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
If you pm'd me, I recieved nothing. I always respond to my pm. If you didn't pm me, then the others may not be on yet. As far as I know, no one would ignore you.
Tortadise has just got back to me so all is well, Many thanks anyway.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
For next time. The mods that are active are tortadise, me, Jaizei, yvonne, dmmj and jacqui. I believe Jaqcui may still be having computer problems and can only get on when she visits the library, but not sure if that is still going on.
I believe there are actually a few more mods, but they are not active.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry, I couldn't get back to your post. I had to leave for work. Glad Kelly got back to you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
No probs and thanks very much.
I realise that even mods have a real life outside of the TF!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry, Lyn. I received your PM, but when I looked at the thread you wanted me to, I couldn't tell if the deletion had already been done by Cameron or not. Once a post is deleted, the next post in line takes the deleted post's number. So I assumed Cameron took care of it and I just didn't respond. Not polite. I'll try to do better.

You can add more than one name in your PM's "To" line. Just put a comma after each name. That way we'll all get the same one and you don't have to type it more than one time.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm sorry, Lyn. I received your PM, but when I looked at the thread you wanted me to, I couldn't tell if the deletion had already been done by Cameron or not. Once a post is deleted, the next post in line takes the deleted post's number. So I assumed Cameron took care of it and I just didn't respond. Not polite. I'll try to do better.

You can add more than one name in your PM's "To" line. Just put a comma after each name. That way we'll all get the same one and you don't have to type it more than one time.
Not to worry I wondered if it was my settings for PMs more than anything.
Thanks for the tip though.