Pls. help me pick one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortoise Princess

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manila, Philippines
Hi Guys:

I can't decide between these two cute sulcatas. One is a yearling, the other is 4 mos. old (ill probably get the one with the regular carapace pattern). Both live outdoors, with lots of sunshine and never had history of sickness.

Can't get them both. i need to choose one only:(

Pls. help me.

Thanks

Attachments

• 4 mos. old sulcata_1.jpg
    4 mos. old sulcata_1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 4 mos. old sulcata_2.jpg
    4 mos. old sulcata_2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 45
  • yearling-pc 1.JPG
    yearling-pc 1.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 45
  • yearling-pc 2.JPG
    yearling-pc 2.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 41
  • yearling-pic 3.JPG
    yearling-pic 3.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 49

lucky

5 Year Member
Dear tortoise princess,

In my opinion and experience of tortoises, sulcatas are great pets, however, younger tortoises are harder to take care of and dies very easily is sick or the place you live in is quite chilly, while older tortoises are more easy to take care of and is stronger, so it would survive if in chilly weathers. So I think you should get the older one so you don't get too upset when the younger one dies. But if you want to be a lifelong owner,take the small one, but it would be hard to take care of it for the first few years, as it is small, and might get loose somewhere, but the grow real quick!

lucky

5 Year Member
And also, you can't trust pet shops, they make you think that they are healthier than they are! Take it to the vet right away or the next day or so to get it a check up!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I see several different tortoises in these pics. Pics number three looks to be the ones you are talking about and that bigger one on the left looks really good from the rear view in the one pic. Shell growth looks very good in both of those two, in that pic.

Tortoise Princess

5 Year Member
Manila, Philippines
Tom said:
I see several different tortoises in these pics. Pics number three looks to be the ones you are talking about and that bigger one on the left looks really good from the rear view in the one pic. Shell growth looks very good in both of those two, in that pic.

sorry to confuse.

1st two pics are the same. Might get the other one on the left. Pics 3 to 5 - the one being sold is the small one. The bigger one is a 3-year old pet and not for sale. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.