help me pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane1111

5 Year Member
i dont know what tort to pick the almond one or the normal one with the nice red head
CIMG0132.jpg

you guys should help me out....:p

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
Go with the one with the better head/leg colors. The new shell growth will likely be black. Judging by pictures from other forum members it seems like the cool/unique shell colors tend to get heavily downplayed by the new black growth as the torts grow up.

There're other factors though, like which one's the most active, which one's the best eater of the group, which one's more adventerous/curious, which one's the least shy around people, etc. Pick the one you'll be happiest with in 20-30 years.

All 3 are pretty. May I ask who you're getting them from?

shane1111

5 Year Member
the pet store i work at. its called animal instincts in fall river ma :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have to say, for a pet store, that looks like a great set up. I would pick the most out going and friendly, and good eater.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Can you get a picture of the top of the head of the 'almond' one? That looks awfully denticulated for a carbonaria. I'm wondering if there wasn't a Yellowfoot in the mix... or maybe it is just an 'orange' Yellow Foot.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Pick all three:D. Sorry I wouldn't be able to choose :rolleyes:.
They all look so nice but yes for sure take terryos' advice.

shane1111

5 Year Member
HLogic said:
Can you get a picture of the top of the head of the 'almond' one? That looks awfully denticulated for a carbonaria. I'm wondering if there wasn't a Yellowfoot in the mix... or maybe it is just an 'orange' Yellow Foot.
I can get a picture tomorrow morning. But they are all red foots as far as I can tell.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
The carapace color and pattern is typical of a denticulata and wholly atypical for a carbonaria. A head shot showing the prefrontal (top of head at nose region) scales will help to identify the species. Additionally, the serrations (denticulations) of the rear marginals are also typical (and identifying of) a denticulata. Just thought I'd try to clear up any confusion regarding the choice...

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I can't say whether it's a yellowfoot or not, but I do hope that we get to see some more pictures of the new guy once he settles in. He's very cute.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Very cute!
He/she looks like a redfoot to me but I'm such a newb yet.
Can't wait to see some more pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.