probably respiratory infection?

asuka

Location (City and/or State)
saudi
my turtle stopped eating days ago and now she suddenly opens her mouth ander water like tarying to vomit and she run like crazy trying to climb out of her tank I don't know what's wrong with her but when I searched all I read was raspatory and now I'm scared what should I do?!!!

asuka

saudi
my turtle stopped eating days ago and now she suddenly opens her mouth ander water like tarying to vomit and she run like crazy trying to climb out of her tank I don't know what's wrong with her but when I searched all I read was raspatory and now I'm scared what should I do?!!!
I warmed up her water and now she is calmer and started giving her some turtle sticks but she barely eats 3 or 4 only :( , I also noticed she some times closes her right eye for like a half minute just her right eye...

asuka

saudi
I warmed up her water and now she is calmer and started giving her some turtle sticks but she barely eats 3 or 4 only :( , I also noticed she some times closes her right eye for like a half minute just her right eye...
now she's scratching her tail a lot I'm afraid help what can I do

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Post a picture of your set up. What is the water temperature? What type of bulbs are you using?

asuka

saudi
actually I'm using non, the weather is hot enough and she is in a room with no ac, after reading so many articles I'm going to order her a basking platform and uvb light and a temperature

asuka

saudi
actually I'm using non, the weather is hot enough and she is in a room with no ac, after reading so many articles I'm going to order her a basking platform and uvb light and a temperature
but I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong since I've no clue what's wrong with her and what to do and not do:( :( :(

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Like Tom said, please post some pictures of the tank setup and the turtle so we can help you. We need to know more details of the species of turtle and how she is kept. Thanks. Can the turtle get out of the water and bask?

asuka

saudi
no she doesn't bask I didn't know it was mandatory (ToT), but buying her new stuff now٢٠٢٣٠٤١٥_١٧٥٣٥٠.jpg٢٠٢٣٠٤١٥_١٧٥٣٥٥.jpg٢٠٢٣٠٤١٥_١٧٥٣٤٥.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The turtle needs to either live in a pond, or a large aquarium. They swim, not just walk along the bottom in shallow water. Swimming helps them keep the digestive tract moving. The turtle needs to be able to climb out of the DEEP water onto a basking platform to sit under a light and warm up. Please read this:

asuka

saudi
The turtle needs to either live in a pond, or a large aquarium. They swim, not just walk along the bottom in shallow water. Swimming helps them keep the digestive tract moving. The turtle needs to be able to climb out of the DEEP water onto a basking platform to sit under a light and warm up. Please read this:

thank u so much will do all that, do I need to buy her a bigger tank? this is the one she lives in rnScreenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٤١٥_١٨٢٦٥١_Chrome.jpg

asuka

saudi
I think bubbles are coming out of her nose, I can't tell for sure since she's always trying to climb out of the tank she's moving a lot

asuka

saudi
update: I gave her grapes and she started eating thank god😭, but she still runs like crazy climbing the tank, I put her to stay in the sun for a while today too.

asuka

saudi
she opens her mouth ander water and that causes bubbles, dose that mean she got raspatory infection?????????

asuka

saudi
she keeps rubbing her feet like she is scratching them or sth I don't know but it's worrying me what should I gave her or what can use to help her pls

asuka

saudi
we don't have a good vet in here I have to do something on my one own but I don't know what to do💔