please help identify...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Photo0305.jpgView attachment 34485 I believe this is a desert tortoise. This person has contacted me about this tort. It has some pyramiding. I think it is a younger person who has it. She has said she thinks it is 2 years old...anyone interested? I dont have a price yet. I will post as soon as i find out...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks like a poorly raised DT or possibly a Texas tortoise. I can't tell for sure from that one pic, but it looks to be in the Gopherus genus to me. That being the case, it will be illegal to sell it. It can only be given away, and the new owner will need to get a permit for it too.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Oh, thats good to know. I had a feeling something like that was going to come up. Ill see if i can get more pics. The other one didnt show..thank you tom. I always appreciate your input.

Photo0300.jpg
mainey34 said:
I believe this is a desert tortoise. This person has contacted me about this tort. It has some pyramiding. I think it is a younger person who has it. She has said she thinks it is 2 years old...anyone interested? I dont have a price yet. I will post as soon as i find out...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because of the color, I'm going to say Gopherus berlandieri. The Gopherus agazzisii and morafkai have a bit more brown in their carapace. It really doesn't matter, because it is illegal to sell any of them. If they get caught, the fine is $10,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.