Please give me an idea of a full size female sulcata.

Chango

Location (City and/or State)
Fountiancity Indiana
This is an amazing group! You guys have helped me re-emerse myself back into the reptile keeping world. So let me thank you all in advance. My wife and I really love our new female Sulcata. We had been considering adding a male. However we have found out that it would not be smart to house them together. So we are going to wait to get everything built and routine to before we decide to have a group of them and we can keep them separate. We have read that females got around 100lbs -120lbs max. the thing is we don't have any idea of how big that actually is. Could folks from this forum please post pictures of your full sized females. It would be nice to have a better idea of what the max size looks like. Thanks again in advance. i appreciate all response and pictures of your awesome tortoise!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is an amazing group! You guys have helped me re-emerse myself back into the reptile keeping world. So let me thank you all in advance. My wife and I really love our new female Sulcata. We had been considering adding a male. However we have found out that it would not be smart to house them together. So we are going to wait to get everything built and routine to before we decide to have a group of them and we can keep them separate. We have read that females got around 100lbs -120lbs max. the thing is we don't have any idea of how big that actually is. Could folks from this forum please post pictures of your full sized females. It would be nice to have a better idea of what the max size looks like. Thanks again in advance. i appreciate all response and pictures of your awesome tortoise!
Females of either type of sulcata rarely exceed 80 pounds. This would be around 28-30 inches SCL. Regular males top out at around 120-130 pounds and 32-33 inches. Sudan males easily reach 250 pounds and more than 36 inches.

Chango

Fountiancity Indiana
Females of either type of sulcata rarely exceed 80 pounds. This would be around 28-30 inches SCL. Regular males top out at around 120-130 pounds and 32-33 inches. Sudan males easily reach 250 pounds and more than 36 inches.

Thank you! It's crazy that there is so much conflicting information out there. Its great to be able to discuss with folks who actually keep them long term.