Rehoming 3 sulcata tortoises (2 yrs old) in Dallas fort worth area

Carlson

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Help please! We rescued 3 sulcata tortoises when we moved to texas with the plans of buying 10 acres and having them roam happily. Unfortunately things took a very different turn and we do not live where these poor little guys have any sort of room to grow. So we are sadly trying to find them a good home asap! Please message me if you have any advice or know someone who can take these guys to a forever home ♡ thank you I'm advance!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello, any pics, how long have you had them?
How big are they?

Carlson

Texas
Sorry, I'm still figuring things out with this forum. We rescued them a little over a year ago in Arizona. The biggest ones shell is about 8 inches in length 6 across. The smallest one is around 6 inches in length. I will do my best to get a picture on here, the ones I have it says the file is too large.

Carlson

Texas
Hope this is helpful

Attachments

• 15395382943132109178385694906784.jpg
    15395382943132109178385694906784.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 34

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
They all look the same size as my sully. I have been trying to buy the property next to me to expand my collection. Not sure my property is big enough for four. Good luck look for places that take rescues. When looking on craigslist in my area I came across 4 rescue facilities.
Good luck

Carlson

Texas
Thank you so much for your response! My husband, Chad Carlson is a realtor with Magnolia Realty 817-642-7567 please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with that property! We have someone who is interested in the tortoises and we will be previewing their home shortly! Best of luck in expanding your tortoise family!!

Texas
I heard Central Texas Tortoise Rescue is a good place if you need to try and get in touch with them they have a Facebook page and a website

Carlson

Texas
Thank you! They are a great facility, but so far from my house! :) If the current family does not work out I might need to make that trek. Totally worth it for these guys♡

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thank you so much for your response! My husband, Chad Carlson is a realtor with Magnolia Realty 817-642-7567 please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with that property! We have someone who is interested in the tortoises and we will be previewing their home shortly! Best of luck in expanding your tortoise family!!
Thanks for the offer. I have contacted the owner of the property every way I can. They give me no response. From what I can see they bought it in the boom. Now it is only worth a third what they paid.
Any luck finding a home for your torts?

Scotty t

Dallas
Help please! We rescued 3 sulcata tortoises when we moved to texas with the plans of buying 10 acres and having them roam happily. Unfortunately things took a very different turn and we do not live where these poor little guys have any sort of room to grow. So we are sadly trying to find them a good home asap! Please message me if you have any advice or know someone who can take these guys to a forever home ♡ thank you I'm advance!!
Hello! Are you still trying to find homes for the tortoises? There’s a chance I’d be able to take one of them if there is a female. We have a good sized yard where we have had one male for a while and don’t want another male for territorial reasons. But a female I think wouldn’t hurt to give him some company. Let me know! I’m in garland.

tortoisenana

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
If you haven't found homes yet I may be able too help. We have 10 acres of grass and weeds. We already have 4 in separate enclosures but have plenty of room for more. I'm around San Antonio but can travel.

tortoisenana

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
If you haven't found homes yet I may be able to help. We have 10 acres of grass and weeds. We already have 4 in separate enclosures but have plenty of room for more. I'm around San Antonio but can travel.