Plea for help.. #2..

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
While talking terrapins with a good friend.. I mentioned my recent plea, etc. He had told me in the past about someone he knew that had taken a big male from the Chesapeake Bay and was keeping it in a 20 gallon tank.. in FRESH water and who knows what he was trying to feed it.. it went on and on and got even worse!!!

By the time [ we'll call him Bob - not his real name ] Bob got the terrapin his skin was falling off and it weighed about an empty shell!

Bob did his patient magic..... and he said it was well and was actually even eating pellets! NEVER ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME! LEAVE THE WC ALONE.. THIS WAS A LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION!!! Obviously he couldn't release him back into the wild so he acclimated him over to pellets and was keeping him in a 300 gallon stock tank along with a few others he had raised up.

We had our usual hour conversation and hung up to have supper. It wasn't an hour later Bob called back and said he had been thinking about what we had been talking about and that he was working so much overtime that he really wasn't able to enjoy his terrapins like he should and knew I would.. and then he said............... " I want to give you my terrapins....."!

This is the WC male Bob sent me - 5 1/2" monster -

Bob had acquired a couple early 2012 "Blue" hatchlings that look like this now... [ flash was hiding the blue ]..

4" Boy -

4 1/2" Girl -

Bob also sent me his Boy White Concentric that I'll get up in a few.

See what I mean by "good friend" ?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
WOW!!! That is SO FABULOUS!!!!
Doing the HappyDance for you!!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
It is always good when a plan works out well for all involved....:D Perhaps by the time he slows on the OT you will have a turtle or two he will like ...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm joining Moozillion on the HAPPY DANCE for you. That's just fantastic, so happy for you. They are beautiful too. Yes, very nice friend.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
ascott said:
It is always good when a plan works out well for all involved....:D Perhaps by the time he slows on the OT you will have a turtle or two he will like ...

It was good.. and he's a good friend Angela! Bob has had his terrapins.. so he said he may like a couple of the Brazilian redfoots I'm incubating when they are available in the spring.

We have a happy dance going on.. name your tune!!!

This White Concentric was sent to Bob late summer of 2012.. he just didn't want to sit still for anything!

Which is why his pics are not very good..

I had to hold him for this one..

Bob described him as "crazy-white"! He's not quite 4" SCL and all male.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I need to find my self a bob friend lol. But really that's great news, and good to here your bouning back from such a bad situation beautiful turtles!

Kyle