Bob visits Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I had a request for these pictures, but please keep in mind I had to take a picture of a picture so they're kinda fuzzy

This first one was Bob's first ever visit to Santa. This was 4 years ago. That's Tony Stewart on Bob's back. Tony was my blind yearling Sulcata...

210mukj.jpg

This was the next year making it 3 years ago...

2hxac69.jpg

This was 2 years ago, notice that Bob has graduated to the floor as he was too big to sit on Santa's lap. And Santa didn't have too hard of a time trying to hold on to Bob who wanted to go crusin

muxuut.jpg

This last one was last Saturday. It was a ball! It was totally crowded and everybody wanted to touch Bob and ask questions about him. Bob somehow seems to know he's the center of attention in a crowd and he holds his head up high and walks around the store and if he see's something red he bites it and either pulls it off the shelf or tries to eat it. This may be the last year we will be able to do this tho, because Bob is now way too heavy for one person to lift and too big for the Bob cart. He didn't fit flat against the bottom so he was sideways in the cart. This was sponsored by my friend who operates Senior Dog Rescue so I am talking to her about her getting some volunteers to get Bob next year. He attracts such a crowd it's good publicity for the rescue.
The best of all was a small blond boy who first asked if he could touch Bob and then he says "How big was he when he was small?" hahaha
Notice how hard this years Santa was struggling to hold onto Bob. We had to wait for his turn, so he was used to walking around the store and certainly didn't want to hold still...

Bob and Santa 2010
am4few.jpg

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Awesome Maggie! Thanks for sharing! Bob sure is lucky to have you as a friend. 8)

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
that is super cute..i wish i can take tobi but he is too small i think... but adorable, thanks for sharing

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Hey! All those Santas are different...I knew there was no Santa...just don't tell my little ones!;)

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Those pics made my day, thank you Maggie I needed that more than you will ever no :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Cute pictures of Bob and Santa. He has really grown since that first picture. :D

M

Maggie Cummings

tortoisenerd said:
Awesome! So is Santa visiting a pet store?

It was a Petco, but the money for the pictures went to Senior Dog Rescue...

Torty Mom said:
Maggie. those are a great series of pictures! Amazing to see how much Bob has grown!! Thank so much for sharing!!

That shows you just how much a Sulcata will grow. That's only 4 years of growth...

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
AWESOME set Maggie!!! Really cool to see the size difference in only 4 years.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Maggie, you are just the best. Love your Bob stories. You never fail to amaze me.

ISTortoiseLover

10 Year Member!
Nice! very nice photos and I enjoyed reading your posts. Ditch the bob cart, get a Bob mobile!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Maggie- thank you so much for sharing! I'm very interested in the "Bob cart". I'd love to do something like that with Tex, but couldn't think of a way. Do you happen to have any pics of the Bob cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.