Plastic Enclosure and heating

seafoam

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Hey everyone,

I've used wooden enclosures for my red foot tortoise but keep having issues with mold due to high humidity so I was looking to get a plastic container (outdoor storage box, opaque + ill be adding in some modifications to make it more home-y for my tort). Any tips on how to keep the plastic from heating up due to the lights? I was going to position my light inside the container in the corner but I'm concerned about the plastic getting too hot.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Im not a fan of plastic containers because of the height restrictions. Id go with a grow tent depending on the size of ur tort

seafoam

Ontario
Im not a fan of plastic containers because of the height restrictions. Id go with a grow tent depending on the size of ur tort
The one I'm looking at is about 60 cm tall, my tortoise is around 15 cm right now, do you think I could maybe attach a grow tent to the top of the container if that isn't tall enough?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
The one I'm looking at is about 60 cm tall, my tortoise is around 15 cm right now, do you think I could maybe attach a grow tent to the top of the container if that isn't tall enough?