Plants for enclosure

Dcatalano

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I want to add some plants to Gabby’s enclosure. I see others sharing pictures of pothos and spider plants.
Are these safe for decoration? And/or will my Russian tortoise eat them? Do you generally bury the pot a little for aesthetics?
Share some pics of your planted enclosures!

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I want to add some plants to Gabby’s enclosure. I see others sharing pictures of pothos and spider plants.
Are these safe for decoration? And/or will my Russian tortoise eat them? Do you generally bury the pot a little for aesthetics?
Do you have an enclosed chamber or an open table?

Dcatalano

Colorado
Ahhh...okay. I have a closed chamber made of PVC, so I am able to hang plants from the "ceiling."
OK. I have a board across the top for lights, so maybe I could hang plants too. Of course, my tortoise is in his hide most of the time. I hope to create more of a variety for him in the open part.

Attachments

• FAEEDB57-D146-4704-A052-7C93D2AC5A33.jpeg
    FAEEDB57-D146-4704-A052-7C93D2AC5A33.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Pothos and spider plants are safe for a tortoise. They may or may not eat them, each one seems to have their own likes and dislikes. I have my pothos in a very heavy pot that is just slightly sunk into the substrate.D739C615-7BDF-4F55-AD8B-776EB80596A0.jpeg