Plant IDs needed

Aleks

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I was curious if all of these are safe for our sulcata to eat, as I'm not 100% certain what they are.

I do know that #6 is some type of hosta- but wanted to double check that it was safe for him to eat. ;)

1.)20200707_180159_HDR.jpg

2.)20200707_180102_HDR.jpg

3.) 20200707_180040_HDR.jpg

4.) 20200707_175925_HDR.jpg

5.)20200707_181416_HDR.jpg

6.) 20200707_175928_HDR.jpg

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Number two is horseweed, inedible and a horrid weed; pull it ASAP before it grows eight foot high.

Number three is some plantain going to see (the spikes) and something that might be a horsebill geranium. Safe.

The fourth picture looks like narrowleaf plantain to me (again, with the seed spikes) and the one with the heart shaped leaves looks like violet, although I always like to see a few purple flowers to be sure. Both safe.

Aleks

Michigan
You have a bit of a mix here, 6 for sure is Hosta
5 is broadleaf plantain & clover
4 not sure
3 is Plaintan on the left
2 is Horseweed - https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/horseweed
1 not sure

Thank you!

Number two is horseweed, inedible and a horrid weed; pull it ASAP before it grows eight foot high.

Number three is some plantain going to see (the spikes) and something that might be a horsebill geranium. Safe.

The fourth picture looks like narrowleaf plantain to me (again, with the seed spikes) and the one with the heart shaped leaves looks like violet, although I always like to see a few purple flowers to be sure. Both safe.

Thank you! I will be sure to pull the horseweed- there are quite a few of them around here.

Aleks

Michigan

Also: Happy birthday!! :)