10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Brockazoid

5 Year Member
NOGALES, ARIZONA
He's very cute, but the way his shell is growing is an indicator that he is being housed much too dry. They need warm, humid monsoon conditions. Every day that goes by does irreversible damage. Its important to make these changes ASAP.

Have you seen these:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/for-those-who-have-a-young-sulcata.76744/
Oh I know he was already like that when I got him he was in a super dry enclosure he was housed with a bunch of sulcatas and leopards on rabbit pellets no hide roasting.i have him in a closed chamber now 95 degree basking area 80 degrees the rest humidity stays around 85 to 91 I soak him daily for about 30 minutes at a time 2 hours outside in his outdoor enclosure tryna do my best to stop him from pyramiding more than he already has I'm tryna get on your level lol with the smoothness...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh I know he was already like that when I got him he was in a super dry enclosure he was housed with a bunch of sulcatas and leopards on rabbit pellets no hide roasting.i have him in a closed chamber now 95 degree basking area 80 degrees the rest humidity stays around 85 to 91 I soak him daily for about 30 minutes at a time 2 hours outside in his outdoor enclosure tryna do my best to stop him from pyramiding more than he already has I'm tryna get on your level lol with the smoothness...
That's great news. I'm glad you already know about these things. In time things will smooth out.

Brockazoid

5 Year Member
NOGALES, ARIZONA
That's great news. I'm glad you already know about these things. In time things will smooth out.
Yeah the first couple weeks I had him in a tub dry as hell but then I read those three threads and I immediately switched it up especially when I learned that if there shell doesn't grow right it can restrict there movement and cause all these other problems I was like no way man not this little tortoise lol I know the pyramiding he has is irreversible but I'm hoping everything works out cool and he starts to smooth out... as always I appreciate your concern and advice.thank you

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Oh the tortoise is named pizza! I thought I was going to click on this post and see a tortoise eating pizza. After the post the other day "can my tortoise eat pancakes" you never know. Cute little guy!

Brockazoid

5 Year Member
NOGALES, ARIZONA
Oh the tortoise is named pizza! I thought I was going to click on this post and see a tortoise eating pizza. After the post the other day "can my tortoise eat pancakes" you never know. Cute little guy!
Hahaa yeah i named him pizza... pizza the hut..lol nahh this little dude eats nothing but grass weeds and leaves and the occasional flower..lol pancakes..thanks for the compliment

Bee62

Germany
Hahaa yeah i named him pizza... pizza the hut..lol nahh this little dude eats nothing but grass weeds and leaves and the occasional flower..lol pancakes..thanks for the compliment
Pizza is a funny, extraordinary name. I like it !:)
Please tell us more of your running Pizza and show more pics.

Brockazoid

5 Year Member
NOGALES, ARIZONA
Pizza is a funny, extraordinary name. I like it !:)
Please tell us more of your running Pizza and show more pics.
Well I've had him since March of this year don't really know how old he is I'm guessing 5 months when I bought him he was in a super dry enclosure till I brought him home and joined this forum i learned about closed chamber enclosures so since then I've been working on tryna get the pyramiding they inflicted on him to smooth out he's a curious little guy loves to explore he eats healthy grass weeds leaves flowers I'm hoping he grows up nice and healthy cause when I bought him it seemed like he was being tortured lol he was the runt of his clutch well he/she I still don't know if he's a boy or girl lol that's pretty much it

Brockazoid

5 Year Member
NOGALES, ARIZONA
Don't get discouraged about the pyramidding.
Even after it has stopped, it will take quite some time to see the results.
That's crazy cause I stay observing him watching his little growth rings come in hoping that they don't press up anymore lol thanks for letting me know that I'll rest easier now given that information