pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Corfu, Greece
So my 2 daughters had been quiet for longer than normal..... I go out onto the balcony to find they have built a stage and are 'getting ready for a show' mummy....

Couldnt resist putting the pic up....

Which one of them's gonna dance first do you think?

Left to right - Bella, Cutie, Oscar, Fluffy, Buttercup and Daisy

And Little Niles at the front!

Attachments

• tortoises.jpg
    tortoises.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 211

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
That is sooo cute!! You should use that in your Christmas card!

llaperle

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Love this! Thanks for sharing. The look like the Rockettes!

I could easily see my daughters doing this too, and similar to you, have learned to be cautious of prolonged periods of silence.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How cute! They look none the worse for wear. Its amazing what animals put up with when kids are involved, huh?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
The little one is the Captain and the big ones are the soldiers standing in formation....

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Dalano - I think you're right! Niles does have a very strong personality and doesnt like to be left out so he obviously thinks he's in charge... (small tortoise syndrome!!)

I'm very lucky that my girls are fantastic with the tortoises, I think because they have always had pets they treat them with love and respect, so although I am ALWAYS wary of periods of silence I can trust them to play gently... did catch them putting a hat on the dog once though..

Thank you for your kind comments! and I LOVE the Christmas card idea

Helen x

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Haha, that's very cool! I wish I could trust my daughter to spend time with Cooper and Ophelia, but she has "drop everything syndrome!" And that is why she has never been allowed to mess with my kids. Unless she is sitting on the bed with me where I can watch her every move, lol! Like the xmas card idea!

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Thank you all! I'm off to my neighbours shortly to photograph her 100+ year old Hermanns, Fred, for another post, whilst I was reading your lovely replies I spotted something - Cherylim, from Leyland! My home town in the UK is Lostock Hall!!! How coincidental! x x

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Oh my gosh!! That's so cuuuuuuute!! They look excited for something to happen.
Aww, too adorable of a bunch.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Sorry to bump an old thread, but lol!

Bella: "I'm ready for my close-up!"

HtVic

5 Year Member
are they Hermanns, I thought they are suppose to be small. like less than 8''

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Yes, all Hermanns. There is a thread in the Hermanns section with more pictures and the identification of 2 of them as a subspecies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Bubbles

I see alot of upheavel in your part of the World.... I hope you and all your Little Ones stay safe! :)

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
@Alf.... OK so you don't mean to be rude - but I think perhaps you should check on a few other of my posts before you discuss responsibility and care, and certainly before you infer that I allow my children to treat my tortoises as a joke or a toy.

My Hermanns are allowed to live in the natural outside habitat of their native land, they also have access to the house when they choose to roam around. Perhaps if you had cared to look at my 150msq garden solely for them, or saw that they are brought to me by neighbours and other local residents when they find them in distress, injured and damaged you would see that I take the responsibility for caring for an endangered species very seriously.

Yes they are classed as family pets, and yes my children do interact with them - the torts are looked after and the children are learning to care for them at the same time. If you don't like my Husbandry that's unfortunate - for you.

Zamric, thanks for your kind words, times are interesting but we really don't see much of the upheaval here on the islands. Petrol prices are through the roof and there is much discussion over coffee regarding political agendas but we will continue to live peacefully on our little rock and keep the tourists happy. LOVE the new picture of WalkingRock BTW!

H xx

Status
Not open for further replies.