PICTURES AS ATTACHMENTS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
It seems like I spend most of my time on here waiting for attachments to open. I really wish that members would simply enclose them in the body of the message, so they are there for all to see. Lately, it seems I don't even bother to look anymore. It has always been my philosophy that if I want someone to see pics which I have posted, I make it as easy as I can to make this happen. Otherwise, why not simply put "email me for pics"at the bottom? Sorry for the rant, but I'm done opening attachments. Anyone else feel the same?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
You posted that & then logged off 2 minutes later??!! You must be an impatient guy! ;)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I sometimes won't even open the pictures if they are attachments because of the delay it sometimes causes and depending on the computer I am using, attachments will not even open...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I was thinking that exact thing yesterday. I use photobucket so the pictures are posted when you pull up the thread and then you don't have to click on it and wait for it to download to see it. :)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Sorry, I can't use photobucket or tinypic, if it bothers everyone so much I will not post pics any more.Len ---all my pics were reduced in size for quick opening---Now off to remove my upsetting pics.Len

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
??Len?? said:
Sorry, I can't use photobucket or tinypic, if it bothers everyone so much I will not post pics any more.Len ---all my pics were reduced in size for quick opening---Now off to remove my upsetting pics.Len

Please don't go do that, no one should take offense to this. We all know not everyone can post full size photo's. This is just stating how hard it is to open the attachments. If that's all you can do then please continue to post your pics.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Well Len, There are 9735 members here. I'm not sure that the few who agree with me qualifies as "everyone".Don't take this so personally.
??Len?? said:

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
If the forum would make it easier to embed photos into the message, I'd be all for it. I'm not going to open a photobucket account just to post pictures on here that are not attachments.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
It does not bother me Len. Leave them up. If I don't really want to see a picture I just don't open it.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Len, leave them up. Don't be offended over this! But I do agree with yagyujubi, I won't open them unless I'm very interested. It doesn't bother me, though. I just may not view the pics.
Steve

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Just my $.02....in my experience on most forums, its been more of a hassle to try and attach images, so I created a Photobucket account long ago just for the purpose of posting pics on forums. In fact, I often just write out the post in notepad (including Image tags from photobucket) and then copy/paste to any/all forums I am posting pics on. This does make it easier since I'm involved in about 3-4 different reptile forums.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dalano73 said:
I sometimes won't even open the pictures if they are attachments because of the delay it sometimes causes and depending on the computer I am using, attachments will not even open...

:tort: Me also........

Redstrike said:
If the forum would make it easier to embed photos into the message, I'd be all for it. I'm not going to open a photobucket account just to post pictures on here that are not attachments.

:tort: It is alot of work to post pictures, however a large part of this forum is pictures. It would be nice if it were easier for the users, more participation would take place.

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Sacramento Area
??Len?? said:

Len, dont remove your pics. I do open attachments. : )

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
What might seem simple to you, is not so simple to others, maybe you should create an Thread on how to imbed pictures into a post on this forum. Then ask a Moderator to sticky your Thread or maybe even post the thread location to the end of your signature.

I see the Thumbnail and the post description and I decide weather to open the attachment. Sometimes embedded photos don't apppear, but that is more of an IT issue.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
fbsmith3 said:
What might seem simple to you, is not so simple to others, maybe you should create an Thread on how to imbed pictures into a post on this forum. Then ask a Moderator to sticky your Thread or maybe even post the thread location to the end of your signature.

I see the Thumbnail and the post description and I decide weather to open the attachment. Sometimes embedded photos don't apppear, but that is more of an IT issue.

A member did create a thread that went step by step on how to post pictures using tinypic and it should be the same for photobucket..

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-to-upload-photos-via-Tiny-Pic#axzz1abmocTNG

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
??Len?? said:

Not trying to start anything, just merely curious...why can't you use Photobucket or tinypic (or similar photo uploading sites)?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
There are several reasons, one is outlook express, what ever that is. has a problem, it says something is wrong but does not explain what it is, so don't know what to fix,and don't know how to delete it,the other is when I go to tiny pic it automatically takes me to photo bucket mobile,(they are tied together somehow) and I don't have mobile.I can put all the pictures I want into photobucket-tinypic but can not move them to TFO. I printed the directions that David (i think) posted and followed, still no luck, but that's OK I can live without posting pics. Len

ajlec2000

5 Year Member
Some of the pictures that are posted in the body instead of as an attachment don't even appear for me in some browsers regardless of which photo service the OP may use.
I do ask that the box turtle keepers continue to post phots in any way they can. Those pics are usually worth the wait for me.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I also sometimes choose to not spend the time clicking and unclicking, unless I'm pretty interested. I must have recommended tinypic.com a thousand times by now. So easy.No accounts. No personal info. No resizing. No hassles.
Just go to the site, upload any size photo, and then copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post. I'm a total computer dummy, and even I figured this out on my first attempt.

To Len, or anyone else who can't make this work, just post them whatever way you can. I completely understand having computer problems and not knowing how to fix them. I have to call someone to come over and fix stuff for me. I think the idea is just that some of us would PREFER not having to click and wait to see all the fantastic pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.