@Tom (ceramic heat emitter question)

M

Maggie Cummings

It actually is 165 watts...some lady turned a Russian into me and gave me his equipment. This was still in the box brand new...

IMG_3938.JPG IMG_3939.JPG

Heater...On the low setting, can I turn the temp up to 5 or so? I usually leave it on 2, but his shed is not as warm as it was...
I tried to put this in a PM but I guess ya can't put pictures in them...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maggie: Do you think this is the reason your breaker is popping?

M

Maggie Cummings

Maggie: Do you think this is the reason your breaker is popping?

No, I was using both power switches on the heater and that was too much power. So I backed off to the low switch and put my heat at 4 It was 79 degrees in there this morning. It was 29 degrees outside. I was asking Tom if I could use this for Queenie or would that trip the breaker....
I'm wondering if the insulation is taking a dump on me...

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Man look at that mamba jamba of a heat emitter. Awesome. The breaker thing. So what heater are you using I. The shed and how is it fed to the shed? Extension cord? If it's an extension cord make sure it's a 14 or 12 gauge. 16 gauge are too light duty and will always trip a circuit. If it's dedicated power up ran out there find out the amps of the one breaker it's fed from and then the wattage of everything. Heat bulbs and CHE don't use too much amperage when pulling. But heaters, for sure will.

M

Maggie Cummings

I usually have the heater on a setting for 900 watts, then a low heat setting. The electric is run in a conduit under ground, I will do the amp figuring today. Thanks. I've never had trouble like this before...