Picture of a young lion eating a leopard tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Neal said:
These pictures are interesting. Even as a leopard tortoise fan, I still appreciate the raw nature in these pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Notice the pyramiding in the 5th picture. Even wild tortoises pyramid.

GeoTerraTestudo said:
Actually, even more dangerous than lions and crocodiles are people, because we can find tortoises where they hide and do with them what we will, whether that means letting them go again, capturing them as pets, or eating them on the half shell. Tortoises are literally at our mercy, and always have been.

Probably even more than humans (though humans are responsible for them being there) is the livestock that eat all the tortoise food. I think goats are the main culprit.

I don't see any Pyramided Tortoises?......

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
EricIvins said:
I don't see any Pyramided Tortoises?......

5th picture. You can see some slight pyramiding in the 2nd and 3rd vertebral. It's not horrible by any means, but the shell isn't smooth.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
TylerStewart said:
Looks like a bunch of female leopards, too. You know how much steak could be bought from the value of them, instead of the bite or two that comes from a tortoise? :)

Nah, just young lions and a crocodile. Lions retain their rosettes until they become adults, which is one of the indicators that they are more closely related to leopards and jaguars than any other cat.

Oh, wait a minute ... I just realized you mean the leopard tortoises are females. Okay, gotcha now! :)

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
yeah torts have been around since dinos, they must be doing something right lol

TortBrain

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Actually, even more dangerous than lions and crocodiles are people, because we can find tortoises where they hide and do with them what we will, whether that means letting them go again, capturing them as pets, or eating them on the half shell. Tortoises are literally at our mercy, and always have been.

Clap clap! Bravo~
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.