Pics from our vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
These are non-tortoise photos (sorry everyone, but there are no native tortoises in Oregon and Maggie your yard doesn't count :p ). We took a (short due to torts) trip to the Oregon coast. It's a great time of year to camp on the coast as all the children are still in school and the campgrounds are fairly quiet still :).

Here are a couple of photos. This camera isn't such a foreign object anymore. Out of several hundred photos there were a handful of keepers (that's good right?!).

20090510_4193sig.jpg

20090510_4224copysig.jpg

20090510_4791sig.jpg

I (Robin) had lots of fun taking photos of mushrooms. I didn't even know I had a thing for mushrooms until I was in the soppy environment they thrive in! There are so many different types! Who knew.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow, what a nice place to go have fun and relax. Really nice pics, they would be really nice for a postcard. Is the white plants in the last pic a mushroom?

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Isa said:
Wow, what a nice place to go have fun and relax. Really nice pics, they would be really nice for a postcard. Is the white plants in the last pic a mushroom?

Yep and the stalk was only about the size of a spaghetti noodle. The whole plant only half an inch tall. Very small.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Beautiful pictures. You guys should have stopped by and saw Maggie and Bob. :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Tim/Robin said:
Isa said:

Yep and the stalk was only about the size of a spaghetti noodle. The whole plant only half an inch tall. Very small.

Really interesting, I never saw a mushroom like that :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Robin, Great pics your mushroom is wonderful I can feel the humidity in that pic. But I must confess the second pic is my favorite. :) Thanks for sharing them with us. They are beautiful.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Vacation? Whats that?! I wish I could get away and do one of those somet ime.. in fact Im GOING TO DO IT.. :)

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Laura said:
Vacation? Whats that?! I wish I could get away and do one of those somet ime.. in fact Im GOING TO DO IT.. :)

Understood. We really only take one vacation a year. This one was shorter than any previously. It's just too hard with so many torts and hatchlings on the way. We all worried a bit. Even taking a vacation from work and hanging around the house to get oddball chores crossed off the list is satisfying. We may do only that next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.