Picky Russian Tortoise

tortoise42

Location (City and/or State)
Utah,US
So I have had my tortoise for a while now and in the beginning I only fed it lettuce, when I tried to feed it dandelion leaves or fruits all it would eat are apples and lettuce, is there a way I can get it to eat more? it also has brown around its mouth.

lilly_sand99

Marshalltown IA
So I have had my tortoise for a while now and in the beginning I only fed it lettuce, when I tried to feed it dandelion leaves or fruits all it would eat are apples and lettuce, is there a way I can get it to eat more? it also has brown around its mouth.
So, you still feed lettuce and chop up and hid a little bit of dandelion inside. Slowly add more and more of the healthy stuff and take away the bad stuff.

Apple's, and other fruits should be avoided. [emoji173][emoji173]

What do you mean by Brown around the mouth?

tortoise42

Utah,US
Yes I still feed him only lettuce Sorry I said things a bit unclearly when I try to feed him anything else he will not eat it Im trying to find a way to feed it different stuff.

biscuit-da-tort

idaho
Biscuit the tortoise is also picky; he will only eat romaine lettuce and the "hens and chicks" cactus. He refuses to eat diced (and raw) carrots and the growth pellets the PetSmart workers told us to give him.