Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I was going to put up some giraffe pics in a thread, but I need another new pic site. My Flikr account is full for the month, so I went to Photobucket yesterday. It worked fine, but now when I go back my computer is giving me two very stern warnings about "malware" on the site.

I know there are other photo sharing sites, but can't think of the names right now

Any suggestions?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I have never had any problems with photobucket, and I've been a user for over 4 years. What browser do you use? I use firefox, and it has built in protection against that kind of thing. Every photo I post comes from the bucket.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
HI, my photobucket account is filled up.I had no trouble with that site for a long time. I just tried to uplaod one from Flikr and it seems not to have posted the pic.(In box turtles)
Roachman can you help. or is this a wrong place to post this.
Thanks Na

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
i use photobucket and imageshack.

imageshack is not that friendly to a new user.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stephanie Logan said:
Yvonne recently tried and endorsed (I think) tinypic.

No, that's the one that Maggie uses and swears by. I have had no problem with Photobucket.

chadk

10 Year Member!
If it is just for your reptile related photos, Iherp is a great site.

Here is my page for an example:
http://iherp.com/wafisherman

You can upload images there, then cross post them here easily.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Meg90 said:
I have never had any problems with photobucket, and I've been a user for over 4 years. What browser do you use? I use firefox, and it has built in protection against that kind of thing. Every photo I post comes from the bucket.

What's a browser?! I just plug the thing in and it works. That's why I bought a mac. I can tell you all about how to train a dog, house a sulcata, or shoot a target, but I can't tell you anything about computers. That was the generation after mine.

Thanks to every one for the replies. Since I don't know what malware is or how to get around it, I'll try tinypic or imageshack.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
A browser is the software application you use for Internet access...for example, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox...I have a Mac and I use Safari.

I currently use Photobucket and I've never had any problems. I've heard good things about tinypic too, although I have never tried it.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well with Yvonne answering questions for me I guess I needn't give this link...
the tribulations and trials of having an older sister and one who gets up earlier
then me. :p(

http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload

You can look at any of the pictures I've posted here and see the great quality of them. Plus I have never signed up and made an account and ya'll see how many pictures I've posted and it's all free...

muddled

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Photobucket works fine (no viruses), but the bad thing is if you don't log into your account for a while, your images get taken down. I've seen tons of sites with "PHOTOBUCKET: PHOTO EXPIRED" signs instead of a cute hamster. Tinypic is super easy, but images get resized if they're too big. I like imageshack because all the pictures I upload have remained the same :)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
muddled said:
Photobucket works fine (no viruses), but the bad thing is if you don't log into your account for a while, your images get taken down. I've seen tons of sites with "PHOTOBUCKET: PHOTO EXPIRED" signs instead of a cute hamster. Tinypic is super easy, but images get resized if they're too big. I like imageshack because all the pictures I upload have remained the same :)

you can choose not to resize the pics.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
muddled said:
Photobucket works fine (no viruses), but the bad thing is if you don't log into your account for a while, your images get taken down. I've seen tons of sites with "PHOTOBUCKET: PHOTO EXPIRED" signs instead of a cute hamster.

Really?! I had never heard that! I have an old Photobucket account that is full and I would hate to lose all those pictures...

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ChiKat said:
muddled said:
Photobucket works fine (no viruses), but the bad thing is if you don't log into your account for a while, your images get taken down. I've seen tons of sites with "PHOTOBUCKET: PHOTO EXPIRED" signs instead of a cute hamster.

Really?! I had never heard that! I have an old Photobucket account that is full and I would hate to lose all those pictures...

yup i see that too. thats why i use tinypic.com. that never happens

Status
Not open for further replies.