Petco wc

Elijah_duncan

Location (City and/or State)
Blacksburg, VA
Hi, I bought my (russian tort) from petco. I was wondering if you guys think he might be wildcaught or from a breeder. I didn’t know much so I checked his eyes and I thought he was good. I had him in a glass tank for a month or so and then upgraded him to a rubber made bin. He is very entergetic and playful. He was playing around when I got him, for some reason they had two males in a cage together, his shell was a little unhealthy but it cleaned up. I neglected to ask if he was wc. I don’t really care because he is fine and had wonderful growth lines but I would like to know. Keep in mind he was sleeping I grabbed him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Most likely yes, he is wild caught. He needs an enclosure at least 4x8 feet minimum as he is an adult. In the wild they roam a lot of territory.
He looks good.

Elijah_duncan

Blacksburg, VA
Most likely yes, he is wild caught. He needs an enclosure at least 4x8 feet minimum as he is an adult. In the wild they roam a lot of territory.
He looks good.
Thanks, I feel a little bad about it but I think he adapted well. I am going to build an outdoor enclosure in spring once the weather is better.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks, I feel a little bad about it but I think he adapted well. I am going to build an outdoor enclosure in spring once the weather is better.
It's sad that they still get WC ones. But, feel good that not only did you get him out of the stores care, which is never that great, but that your here to learn the proper way to care for him and he'll have a safe long life.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England