PERSONAL RIDES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
This thread is just for fun. Most of us have at least on thing in common, our passion and love for turtles & tortoises. I think it would be neat to share what we drive and any history as to why if interested.
I will start, I drive an 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL65, and a 2009 Harley Davidson Cross Bones. My favorite is the Hummer, just a pure product of american marval. Best to all, Greg.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Nissan Marona (sp?). I don't like to be too low to the ground, like lots of room in the back for sports gear and grocerys I also have to have something my tall family can fit in. That makes car shopping hard. My favorite thing about my car is the back-up camera.

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
car.jpg

A 2009 Chevy Colbalt :)
and I'm paying for it myself!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For the past 40 years I've driven a pick-up. The current incarnation is a '05 Dodge Ram 1500, with a hemi engine and that thing really HAULS!!

(I have horses and used to pull a stock trailer. The truck makes it easy to haul hay)

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I have a 2000 passat, 2004 avalanch, 09 buell and ski doo snowmobile (not sure of year - more my hubby's anyway) I would have to say I "enjoy" the buell the most (when the weather permits... lol) It has the best gas mileage, lots of storage and handles well on the corners.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
My wife has my new Harley in her ears...Chrysler 300m and a Dodge 1500

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Me: Triumph Trophy 1200cc Sport-touring bike & a Kawasaki KZ550cc cafe racer. The wife has a Mustang 4.6L, 5 spd convertible and a Suzuki 800cc Intruder. Only have a pic of the Trophy to share right now. I grew up on muscle cars and motorcycles!

Picture062.jpg

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Besides torts we have dogs, so in order to travel to dog sporting events I have a 2003 Winnebago Minnie 31C, my husband has the other dog mobile, Montana Van ;), my work vehicle is a Honda Accord and our pleasure vehicles are 2003 Yamaha Skidoo and my husbands skidoo (forget what it is :( )

franeich

5 Year Member
I drive a 2000 mpv mini van to haul the kids around. A 2005 PT Cruiser for work and a 1946 Willys CJ-2a jeep for fun.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
'88 Ford Ranger...plenty strong enough to carry a dozen bales of hay and/or my working-gear, while still getting excellent gas milage (generally, right at 30mpg)... :)

jagsrule100

10 Year Member!
Florida
2002 Chevy Cavalier, next vehicle will be a 4 door truck either a Chevy Silverado or a F150. And then eventually a sport bike :)

M

Maggie Cummings

I LOVE this thread! My ride is a 1989 IROC-Z. It was stolen out of the show room and didn't make the first left turn, it slid into a telephone pole and wrapped around it. So with less than 100 miles on it it had to be sold as used. I bought it, basically brand new, and seriously just fell in love with it. It had a 5.0 then, that's a 305 and I drove it that way until it had 20050thousand miles. I don't know how to write that in numbers. I had money then, so I had a new 350 dropped in it with a big cam and a speed chip in the computer giving me more horse power. Something added so the pistons don't slap and I also had a new transmission put in at that time; a beefed up tranny with oh hell I can't remember whats it's called but the rear end is beefed up so that both tires burn instead of one slipping. I wish I could tell you guys what all was added, you'd love it, but I have a head injury and serious CRS.
But there are still problems, I don't have any money now and the heater core rotted out and they want $500 to put a new one in because the dash has to come out and the core pulled out that way. So in the PNW I drive a car without a heater.
So tonight with the weather below freezing I am taking some tortoises to my sister without a heater. Brrr. I am so tired of driving a cold car. But I'll get to see my sister and I know you all will miss me...So here's my car decked out with Dale Earnhardt #3's everywhere. My tires are special, wide, the same tires that race cars use only mine has tread. They say Goodyear Eagle #1's and NASCAR in raised white letters. Most of your cars are newer and fancier but I'll bet none are faster...

52yrl2.jpg

14vo711.jpg

2ajtgmb.jpg

2qxs2ew.jpg

ocw92.jpg

4u9d2x.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Daily I drive a '95 Buick Park Avenue. My husband has a 1982 Chevy pickup. We also have a 1954 Ford Coupe, and a 1985 Camaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.