peppers?

Obbie

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Help, does anyone know if you can feed the small red, orange and yellow peppers. I cut them up, and remove the seeds. Do I need to ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Obbie : You posted this in a thread about garden snails, so I wasn't sure if your question is for feeding garden snails or tortoises. If tortoises, what species and how old/big?

zovick

10 Year Member!
@Obbie : You posted this in a thread about garden snails, so I wasn't sure if your question is for feeding garden snails or tortoises. If tortoises, what species and how old/big?
On occasion, I fed green, red, and yellow peppers to my tortoises and never removed the seeds. Some tortoises ate the peppers, others would not eat them. I don't think any of them ever ate the seeds, though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My rule of thumb is if it's small enough to go safely down the throat no need to remove them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Help, does anyone know if you can feed the small red, orange and yellow peppers. I cut them up, and remove the seeds. Do I need to ?
You can feed any of the not hot peppers to tortoises. It should be a small percentage of the diet and not a staple. There is no need to remove the seeds or the tops either. They can eat the whole thing.

Obbie

Minnesota
Mali ?? is a rescue, she is 29” long and 13” wide, 55 pounds ?