food cubes! YUM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbianco

5 Year Member
Blended red, yellow, and orange peppers, kale, carrots, and spring mix in my food processor, the freeze it and add to my torts spring mix twice a week and bam! No picking and choosing! Torts love it

Attachments

• 2011-04-11_18-42-55_618.jpg
    2011-04-11_18-42-55_618.jpg
    996.3 KB · Views: 78

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
When my boxies come out from hibernation, I do this and add it to some canned venison. You can add all kinds of veggies, and even fruit. (well, for boxies anyway) Yummy! :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Looks like the green smoothies I make all the time :D (for myself!)

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
I was just thinking that same thing! I have a craving for "green food"juice from traders joes now! haha

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am going to try it and mix in a lot of endive, because my endive is always bad before I can use it up and I have been buying smaller and smaller amounts.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
Thats a great way to take advantage of special sales and discounted produce. Nice work!

Countrymouse

5 Year Member
I started doing this in the winter.... as others have noted, my endive etc. was always going bad before I could use it all. I process it through the food chopper, than feeze in ice cube containers.
For my Redfoots, I'll often add papaya or mango to the slurry as well. My older redfoot (Grace) prefers this to fresh greens (go figure) my hatchling redfoot (Yoda) isn't picky - he/she will eat pretty much whatever doesn't eat him first, and "Golem", my hatchling Boxie reserves the right to be inconsistent.
"Capri", my leopard tortoise, gets a different menu, but is such a fantastic eater, I SWEAR he/she would eat anything I put in front of him.... including TOTALLY inappropriate items.

Status
Not open for further replies.