Peeling skin on face.

Junebugthetort

Location (City and/or State)
Los Gatos, Ca
I’m looking for advice to stop my sulcata from drying out so much. He is 6 years old and have been told he is fairly healthy other than correcting his diet a bit. He weighs roughly 26 pounds. He’s always been picky so I’ve always had an issue with him not grazing as much as he should be. Anyways, I noticed recently his face a peeling a bit. I’ve been soaking him in warm water everyday now. He sleeps outdoors in a dog house with straw, hay, some coconut coir, and a camping dog mat. It’s been warm everyday so far but at night it’s starting to get cold. I’m having issues with heating right now so his ceramic heater hasn’t been on for a month or two now.
should I just continue to soak him maybe longer than 30 minutes? or is there any other thing I can do extra to help? Is it normal for their skin on their face to peel a little bit sometimes? It’s not severely peeling. Just a chunk is coming off today I noticed. I’m trying my best to do everything I can for him. I’ve been trying to educate myself for six years to take good care of him. He was given to me without me asking for one so I had to start learning when he came home. He seems happy except some days maybe a little stressed like he wants to go explore outside our large back yard.
Also, any advice to get him to graze more would be great.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
A little peeling is normal from time to time to help keep him from trying out you might use an oil filler radiator heater instead of the ceramic also a pan of water on a shelf out of the way in the dog house will help keep the humidity up. As far a being picky it sounds kind of mean but hunger goes a long way. Make him go without the bad stuff a few days and he will start eating the good stuff.