Pastel Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Ellen

5 Year Member
I was in PetSmart and saw a cute little "pastel" beardie. What is a pastel? It's skin looked smoother and different than the regular little beardies. It's a darker color and not what I think of as pastel. It's so cute and tiny and it wanted to stay on my hand when I tried to put it back in the tank. I'd like to see pictures of some darker baby pastel beardies and what they look like as an adult, so I'll have an idea what it might end up looking like. I look forward to your replies. Thanks for reading.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
If the skin looked "smoother" then it might possibly be a leatherback or if it was really smooth then it could be a silkie. My younger beardie was a little darker when she was a baby but now she is really light. She is a hypo citrus x sandfire.

jbean7916

5 Year Member
I think all the babies look "smooth" with the silkies and leatherbacks looking super smooth.

Pastels are supposed to be lighter than normals so that part confuses me.

My girl goes from bright orange to a deep yellow depending on her shed cycle and she's a sandfire

lttjun

5 Year Member
jbean7916 said:
I think all the babies look "smooth" with the silkies and leatherbacks looking super smooth.

Pastels are supposed to be lighter than normals so that part confuses me.

My girl goes from bright orange to a deep yellow depending on her shed cycle and she's a sandfire

can you tell me is my right one is a patel BD?

utf-8BUGhvdG8wNDY2LmpwZw.jpg

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
it is a type of morph of beardie and they are very pretty and there are so many morphs but that is one

Status
Not open for further replies.