Outside temps for Pancakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I've had my first two Pancakes for a few months now indoors and now that the weather is warm I want to move them outside. What I can't find is reliable information about their temperature ranges for outdoor conditions. I'm concerned about the overnight lows in my area. This time of year we are 95 - 100F+ during the day and 55 to 65F at night.

I have their pen set up for morning sun exposure with lots of shade areas. By 2pm the sun is not directly on them for the rest of the day.

Does anyone keep theirs outside? If so, what temps do yours tolerate?

Thanks in advance.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Send "cyan" a pm, she should be able to answer your question, she has cakes. In the mean time, as I know she is busy working, just bring them in at night. That's what I used to do before I built my heated shed.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If you build them a proper heated house they can stay outside. Lock them in at night and set the thermostat to whatever temperature you think is best. I'd go 70-75 this time of year with the hot days. Pop the door open every morning and you are good to go.

Is your enclosure really really escape proof? Cakes can practically fly, so its gotta be built right.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Tom said:
If you build them a proper heated house they can stay outside. Lock them in at night and set the thermostat to whatever temperature you think is best. I'd go 70-75 this time of year with the hot days. Pop the door open every morning and you are good to go.

Is your enclosure really really escape proof? Cakes can practically fly, so its gotta be built right.

I love the comment about them flying.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I have 6 inch overhangs around the entire pen. These guys are about 5 inches long.

Status
Not open for further replies.