A Spring Day in NY the 80's all in the turtles Pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: "What a "Spring day it was! the greenery was growing and all the tortoises were out in their Pen today taken in some Heat (sun Bathing) But i do have a question? Temps are Dropping to 55 Degrees tonight! "Russians i believe will be fine! but should the Pancakes come in? My Hive is Heated inside! but is that to low of a temp for Pancakes? and then tomorrow back to 75 Degrees. :tort: "Oh almost for got here is my newest addition to the family my Mata Mata he's awesome but defiantly has to live alone big appetite he has! :) :tort:

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Thanks! Well after all i Decided to bring them all in, all 10 of them. Hey at least they had some fun and enjoyed the sun today. as far as plants goes that pen hasn't even taken off yet as far as plants and flowers, there's everything in there! lets see cactus,Hostas, green Beans, flowers, squash, rag weed, spinach, Romain lettuce, Russian tortoise mix and so much more, in two months that tortoise pen wont even look as open as it does now it will actually look like a jungle! and when that Happens trying to find them well wish me luck on that one? But one day my dream of owning my own large green house will come and there will never be a winter again for them or trying to find 10 of them!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I'm in NY too, and I understand exactly what you mean. My turtle garden looks so empty now, but in another few weeks I won't be able to find all the boxies. Only one came up from hibernation now, and I'm hoping he knows enough to go back down because by next week at night it will be in the 40's again. Scary stuff here leaving them out year round.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great pics. I would like to know how you trained your turtle to spit water like that, very cool LOL :tort: We have had 80's for about a week and a half here in Chicago :D My Leo has been out every day. Now it's cooling a little:(

grogansilver

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Great pics. I would like to know how you trained your turtle to spit water like that, very cool LOL :tort: We have had 80's for about a week and a half here in Chicago :D My Leo has been out every day. Now it's cooling a little:(
:tort: Lowe's trained the turtle to spit Water like that! they only charged $18.00 :) :tort:

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
LOL At first look I did think it was a real turtle and wasn't sure if it was spitting or peeing. It only took about two seconds to realize what it was though.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Nice pen :) how do you make the water feature? Would love to add one to my pen lol

grogansilver

5 Year Member
yoda3106 said:
Nice pen :) how do you make the water feature? Would love to add one to my pen lol
:tort: Google this this Link and you can own your very own Pond! $77.00 good luck. :) :tort: ( 3-Tier Cascade Bird Pond w/Pump & PVC Liner )

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
grogansilver said:
yoda3106 said:
:tort: Google this this Link and you can own your very own Pond! $77.00 good luck. :) :tort: ( 3-Tier Cascade Bird Pond w/Pump & PVC Liner )

On sale thru Amazon for $57 and some change.

Status
Not open for further replies.