Outside Enclosure for Hingebacks

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
So very impressive!!! What fantastic enclosures, and what lucky tortoises to live there!!! You must be very proud of what you have created :)

Thank you for the kind words. I do enjoy getting to sit back and enjoy them once they are done, but then again once I get one done my mind is already working on the next two.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
....someone told me Hermann's have a knack for that too...

Do you think that you could put a Hingeback outside if the daytime temps were only in the 60's? (17-20 C.)

An adult? For just during the day?

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
For an erosa or homeana, 90% would do fine-there are a few localities which won't though. I would think most Nogueyi would be fine as well.
I've got to get some pics up actually of my outside enclosure, although it's not a patch on Jacqui's. I've put up a few though to give you an idea of vegetation. Luckily, mine haven't climbed the walls yet outside, although they do inside, and I have found them 3ft up a gooseberry bush a few times!
I had one climb up in a weeping willow tree/bush in the one enclosure. lol I see you used chicken wire, is that correct?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Aren't you afraid I will put you to work? lol My hubby would warn you that's what I do when he comes home. :)
You may want to get some reference from my previous work. If you are satisfied with that, My wife and I will be honored to help.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You may want to get some reference from my previous work. If you are satisfied with that, My wife and I will be honored to help.

I am sure, she is completely satisfied with the work you did.