Outside Enclosure expansions

Status
Not open for further replies.

knechtion53

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF East Bay Area
Last week the men in my family started work on the tortoise enclosures expansions project for my 2 sulcatas, Elvis and Ziggy2.
Elvis is my 13 yr old and has lived outside in an area alongside the in-law unit on our property. His current space has been a bit small but he has been allowed supervised exploration on the other parts of the property. When finished, we will have tripled the size of his secured living space.
Ziggy2 is 3 yrs old and has divided his time between indoor and outdoor spaces. He has out grown both and his space, though smaller than Elvis', will be tripling as well. We are preparing him to be outside full time.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

knechtion53

5 Year Member
SF East Bay Area
There is so much work ahead to complete but am very excited! Hope to have all fencing and landscaping/planting finished by mid to late September.
The ground here is literally "rock hard".....we call it little Ireland. Part of the upgrade is to get the well pump working again for watering. The property was originally a fruit tree orchard many years ago. Have some of the old fruit trees left which don't look so pretty but still produce. Elvis and Ziggy2's favorite occasional treats are the figs.

knechtion53

5 Year Member
SF East Bay Area
The guys have been working on the new expansions for the past 2 days. My little 3 yr old sully, Ziggy2's area is coming along first. Trying to get him set up full time outside in the next few weeks. Still have lots to do but I am excited.
image.jpg

knechtion53 said:
The guys have been working on the new expansions for the past 2 days. My little 3 yr old sully, Ziggy2's area is coming along first. Trying to get him set up full time outside in the next few weeks. Still have lots to do but I am excited.

This pic is of my big guy Elvis' area. Very early stages but he has an area out side already so his expansion is second to Ziggy2's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.