Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
This is my buddy's outdoor russian enclosure. Notice the shallow soaking pool with the stream running out of it. Every night the pool gets flushed when the sprinklers come on and it can also be turned on manually for hot summer days or as needed. Its nice and all, but I told him it was too small...:D. He still has portions of his back yard that the tortoise ISN'T using. I mean come on the kids can just play IN the tortoise pen can't they?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4006/4298447098_d734dc6013_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2750/4298445492_bbd8f28832_b.jpg

chadk

10 Year Member!
That is awesome! I'm making a pen for my russians this spring. Won't be that pretty... but will be bigger - and more grass and weeds :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love it when the tortoise habitat is incorporated into the beauty of the landscape. Too bad there weren't more ground cover, but over all its pretty nice.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
GBtortoises said:
How much direct sunlight does it get during the daytime?
Varies with the seasons, but most of the day there is some. There's also shade at all hours too.
This pic is about three years old when it was brand new, and the tort has been in it ever since. He's dong well and there are also more plants in and around it now.

Under the shale hide-outs there is sand on one side and soil on the other for digging/burrowing. My buddy dug it down pretty deep and made big "chambers" and then filled it with the different substrates. He can always lift off the top to check on him. He still has an indoor enclosure for weather extremes, but spends most days out in the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.