outdoor pond. ? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledfight

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
[/font]hey everyone, i haven't been on here in forever. ! ive missed looking at everything. i love this website. Anyways, i have two yellow belly sliders- one boy named Tot, and one girl named Tator so its possible for them to have baby turtles in a few years and i want them to be outside & have the right materials for them to lay eggs.. && well i want to put them outside in a much bigger pond, because right now there only in a forty gallon tank. Ive had my turtles for about two years, so there pretty big , & way to large for that forty gallon. So i was wondering,, what all do i need for a pond, how do i clean it, aproximentally how much would all of i cost ? && where do i put my turtles in the winter. ? please helppppp.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Destiny:

You can probably get by with a plastic wading pool for the summers. When I use the wading pool, I put a couple bricks in the very center so they can climb up and out of the water. I don't use substrate because its easier to clean. You just siphon out the water and clean it with the hose, then fill it back up. Be sure to get a pool big enough that the turtles can't reach the top when they stand on their back legs. The water usually lasts about a week before you have to change it. (That was always my grand daughter's job!) Its pretty green by the end of the week, but the turtles didn't seem to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.