Outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

clucey

5 Year Member
Aloha all. I am looking for outdoor enclosure fencing or ideas. I will be building a tort walk outdoor for my big guy (50-60lb sulcata). I would like thr fence to be high enough for containment but low enough to match the yard. He will have a separate area designated for him that is equipped with shading and grassy patches. Any fencing ideas???? Given the amount of space, The better the budget the larger the area can be.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
What size and species are we talking here? A full grown Sulcata requires heavier fencing than a small Greek. :)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
She said she has a 50-60lb sulcata, your going to need to build a fence or cinder blocks, those would be your cheapest options it seems

argus333

5 Year Member
id use a heavy wood fence with at least 2 ft buried into the ground. 16ft x 25 ft. with a 6ft x 6ft tortoise shed.

clucey

5 Year Member
These are great suggestions. Keepem coming.

clucey

5 Year Member
Haha! My dad thinks he can contain him with a plastic flower bedding decor fence.....hee heee what part of he knocked the glass sliding door off the hinge tore through the sliding screendoor and demolished 7ft plants in 10 minutes dont u understand Pops! Lmao

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep thats a big guy plywood and blocks a must for this guy.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

clucey

5 Year Member
By the way....any suggestions on how to get prickly pear little itty bitty thorns out of my fingers????? Hawaiians and prickly pear dont mix. Tort is happy though

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Florida
Lol if you figure out how to get the spine out of your finger, let me know. I stabbed myself at the market today picking some up. Lucky me!

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Find some 6" diameter locust trees and cut them for your fence posts. Rent a power post hole digger. Bury them 2' into the ground with some concrete to anchor them about 4' apart. Bolt your wood sides to the posts.

Then pray the tort doesn't have anything on the other side that he really wants! :)

Also, check to see what some of the other large species keepers have done.

clucey

5 Year Member
Thanks for the ideas. Im not sure what locus trees are but will look it up. As far as the prickly on the prickly pear pricks....piking out with tweezers works so far....dont scrub it with a scouring pad. Apparently that only works on boydriends with leather hands!!!!I have smaller prickly pear in there after the hand scrub and i cant even see what Im tweezing!!!! But Tort is happy......urrrrrgh

J REED

5 Year Member
Thats a big boy...my brother had to build a cinder block wall 34 blocks high.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.