Outdoor enclosure?

Fe-2470

I have a 4 year old hermann's tortoise and i am wondering if she is old enough to be put outside constantly through the summer, however I live in the Lake District (Cumbria) and the weather can be very unpredictable.

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Not year round in your area but definitely as weather permits. Natural grazing and real sun are the best thing for tortoises. Just make sure the enclosure is secure from predators, offers shade and sun, water, and lots of hides, and safe to eat weeds.

Huw

Liverpool
We live in Liverpool and have a similar issue with our little hermann.
Been told any temp over 10 degrees is fine.
We've started letting Monty out for the day. As long as he has somewhere to hide from sun/rain, access to weeds and there are no escape routes, yours should be fine.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My preference is to have both an indoor and an outdoor enclosure. During fair weather, I put the tortoise outside, and at night or during inclement weather, I bring the tortoises in. Best of both worlds for a tortoise that is not in an area with an optimal climate for tortoise keeping.

Fe-2470

Thanks both of you very much. Kendal calling is a wonderful festival but yes very muddy, many of my friends went but I didn't get to go to it this year.