Outdoor enclosure

Sheldon the russian tortoise

5 Year Member
I have been using a baby pool for Sheldon to have some outside time but I think I want to build something more permanent... I was thinking about making it out of cinder blocks. How big do yall think I should make it? Also do yall think there are any ways to save money or materials that may be cheaper?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
How big is the space you can use?

For cheap ways to go try checking out places like Freecycle and Craig's list. Some building sites may have scraps they may be willing to give you.

The plants go for clearance ones and smaller ones. The best way is to look around in your area for folks with them in the yards. Then ask for starts. Most folks are eager to share. The two sites above are good to ask about plants at too.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
If buying plants start collecting them as long before you need them. That way as much of the chemicals can be grown out of the plants.

J.K.Boris

Chicago, IL

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171316448500?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I bought this last week for Boris's outdoor enclosure, we plan on building fencing around the top (chicken wire) so he can't get out. I plan on filling it with clover, hostas, and different grasses.... can't wait for it all to get delivered so I can start growing everything ahead of time so it's ready! Will post pictures soon!
Only use chicken wire if you have no worries about anything trying to get in. Chicken wire is not as strong as other types.