Outdoor Enclosure Help!! -- Red Foot Tortoise

Kenzi W

I am looking to make an outdoor enclosure for my red foot. He's pretty big and I think he's about full grown. I am not super rich or anything so I'm just looking for future ideas.
Thanks so much!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Hello! There are many people on here who have great outdoor enclosures!!! Did you check on the enclosure area on the forum?

Kenzi W

No actually I made this account a while back and I forgot how to use it.... So I'm kind of lost here.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Go under forums and then find the tortoise topics, you will see tortoise enclosures. Let me know if you need any additional help :)

Kenzi W

Wow that is a beautiful enclosure! Where did you get those stones? Your torts are gorgeous! I love it!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Wow that is a beautiful enclosure! Where did you get those stones? Your torts are gorgeous! I love it!
Thanks for the Kuddo's ,,,,as Zero mentioned your location will help with pointers, there are several creative folks onboard to help .....
Main things to consider are ...Warmth, Security and ease of access to clean/maintained.... Hides can be made from all sorts of goodies at a very low cost or even free materials.....
Simple hides from old doors for example .....Can be made to lock up at night and also provide as a ramp ....

the rocks at the Cove' at present you have asked about are from a local Contactors "hardscape" building supply Co. I recently took another trip ....and went " rock shopping"...;)

oh yea ....the lid (top) is hinged as well for easy access.....

Last edited:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Bi- Level is advantages when dealing with torts of different size and also limited space ...." build up" ;)

auto misting works well for those hot months and humidity .....

or the full Sha Bang Tort house .... with natural light considered in window and sky light placements ....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
What are you thinking for the walls? Do you want something that blends into your landscape? Lots of flowering plants?

Kenzi W

Bi- Level is advantages when dealing with torts of different size and also limited space ...." build up" ;)

auto misting works well for those hot months and humidity .....

or the full Sha Bang Tort house .... with natural light considered in window and sky light placements ....
So just out of curiosity, how did you build that tortoise house? Did you buy a kit or design it yourself? I love the whole thing!

Kenzi W

What are you thinking for the walls? Do you want something that blends into your landscape? Lots of flowering plants?
I honestly don't know yet. I'm just getting ideas so far :D. I want to have a lot of edible landscaping and a nice little tort shed like N2TORTS had with the insulation.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I build them and or modify existing structures when the time came ......
The Rubbermaid sheds will work ...but you will need to insulate them. :)