Otis taking it easy in his new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura808

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
not able to leave comments for now
Hey guys, I just got Otis some coconut coir for his enclosure. Im planning to get him another hide soon also. He is doing very well and he eats like a little pig!

OK. so here is his enclosure before :

IMG_5094.jpg

here is his new enclosure. yay! (look at him basking in the corner :p )

IMG_5468.jpg

more pics...

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

In the picture where Otis is in his house, he looks sort of dry, because that was right before I misted him.
thanks for looking! any constructive criticism is welcome! :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I like his coloring; very pretty!
What substrate were you using before? I can't figure out what it is from the picture.
Looks like he almost needs a new (bigger) Lego house!
I would upgrade to a bigger water dish- one he can sit in.

I would also add at least one more hide- maybe on the cooler side.

eta: Ah I just re-read your post and you mentioned you're getting another hide.

laura808

5 Year Member
thank you! I was using dried corn cobs before I got the coco coir. ok ill look for a bigger water dish. :)

its so funny- he loves his house sooo much! he sleeps in there EVERY night. ahaha it is looking a little cramped....

laura808

5 Year Member
haha thanks! hmmm Im not sure how much he waight right now, but on oct. 3 he weighed 179 grams. I need to weigh him some time soon....

he looks big? I was just thinking that he was a little small for a 10 month old :p (9-11 moths accually )

M

Maggie Cummings

It is perfect that he sleeps in his house every night. That means he feels safe and secure in there. It's a cute house but it needs to be bigger now, and don't forget to add a window, I think that looks super cute. Don't make it a lot bigger just a little, big enough that he can turn around is all he needs. I love how comfortable he is basking. All tortoises bask the same way, Bob sticks both of his legs back like that too.
Also pizza is not good for tortoises, so no more ordering out for tortoise pizza!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Very nice I like the Lego hide I noticed the Boston pizza flier do they deliver to Hawaii ? :p

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
everything is cute in there, i want a lego house for tobi w/ a window.. btw the pic w/ him looking out the window is awesome..

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
haha the window picture is adorable :)

laura808

5 Year Member
hahah thanks guys! I was babysitting my 4 year old cousin and she was playing with legos and told me to make a house for otis! :) his pyramiding is getting a little better and he just got some new growth lines.

and yes there is a few boston pizza places here. YUMM

shaz179

5 Year Member
Wales. UK
I also love the lego house. Dont have to worry about him out growning it because you can just make a bigger one. Great ideal. Good way to save money too!

Status
Not open for further replies.