Orange County, California
Anyone from Sol Cal should check it out...it will be a fun event... ^_^

CTTCOC2012Showflyer.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
If you go, please be sure to take pictures of the crafts they have for the children to do. :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cool, I may have to make a special trip.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hey Thats in my neck of the woods .......Neal ..if ya come down let me know !

JD~

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I will be taking my mom she 88 she loves to go to those events. She has this problem with little baby tortoises= She cant resist

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I want to go! Im going this weekend to the one in arlington to fill the vendor list of baby tort orders. Its always so hard going because I get lots of voices in my head telling me "Oh yeah kelly......you totoally need another female redfoot.......Oh look over there more stars, Lets just get one more of each". Thats it Im gonna look up plane tickets to L.A. does southwest fly from Dallas to L.A?

bigred said:
I will be taking my mom she 88 she loves to go to those events. She has this problem with little baby tortoises= She cant resist

I cant take my mom to the shows, its like a role reversal from son to mother. She runs around like a kid, and buys everything. Its kinda funny, because shes like 5'3" and tiny and im 6' and HUGE, I have to hold my tiny mom back from buying everything. But then Again I have the same problem with buying and buying and buying.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
They do have medication that will help with voices in the head.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
I want to go I live close but I don't know what I would do! What would I do? Do they talk? Crafts? Sales? What?!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
tortadise said:
I want to go! Im going this weekend to the one in arlington to fill the vendor list of baby tort orders. Its always so hard going because I get lots of voices in my head telling me "Oh yeah kelly......you totoally need another female redfoot.......Oh look over there more stars, Lets just get one more of each". Thats it Im gonna look up plane tickets to L.A. does southwest fly from Dallas to L.A?

bigred said:

I cant take my mom to the shows, its like a role reversal from son to mother. She runs around like a kid, and buys everything. Its kinda funny, because shes like 5'3" and tiny and im 6' and HUGE, I have to hold my tiny mom back from buying everything. But then Again I have the same problem with buying and buying and buying.

My mom has 6 of my redfoot hatchlings, all under a month old. She will still want something

dmmj said:
They do have medication that will help with voices in the head.

The voices in my head told me not to take the medication:( Now what

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The CTTC shows are educational so there should not be any animals for sales, goes against one of the very few CTTC rules. There will be animals on display, people to talk to,and games to play.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I want to go I live close but I don't know what I would do! What would I do? Do they talk? Crafts? Sales? What?!

People bring the torts that they have and try to educate the public. So you can check out everyones torts. Yes its true that you are not suppose to buy torts at these events but you can get a few contacts. My Mom got her 3 elongated this way, how are you gonna tell an 88 year old lady NO;)

expo tort

5 Year Member
tortadise said:

they do in fact I just flew that route.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
:tort: Rumor has it that Michael Jackson's Aldabra is going to be at the CTTC's Orange County show! :tort:
No torts for sale, but if you're interested in buying a new tort that weekend, the Pomona Reptile Expo is scheduled Aug 11-12 at the Pomona fairgrounds:
http://reptilesupershow.com/

I'll be attending both. :D

Lisa Anne

5 Year Member
Anaheim, CA 92806
Michael Jackson's Aldabra (name is also Michael) is supposed to be there according to it's caretaker if all goes well. Sharon is also bringing some Galops and a big Sulcata also. You will be able to take your picture with the torts for a small donation.

kameya

10 Year Member!
Orange County, California
SHOW PHOTOS

Here are some photos at the show this past Sunday...a great show indeed, got to see some nice turtles and tortoise, and met some turtle and tortoise lovers... ^_^

oc-turtle-show-2012-01.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-02.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-03.jpg

Michael Jackson's Giant Aldabra...wearing his master silver glove in duct-tape version...
oc-turtle-show-2012-04.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-05.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-06.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-07.jpg

Some huge Galapagos...
oc-turtle-show-2012-08.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-09.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-10.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-11.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-12.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-13.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-14.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-15.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-16.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-17.jpg

oc-turtle-show-2012-18.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Michael Jacksons aldabra looks like a giant pancake tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.