Opps.. bought another Leopard :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore MD
I bought another Leopard :D He should be here tomorrow :D
There was just something about him I REALLY liked.. I looked at a ton but this one just stuck out to me! So excited!

He's the one on the right

leopardexscpic3.jpg

leopardexscpic1.jpg

leopardexscpic2.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Ohh what a CUTIE!! Do you have any names in mind?

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Baltimore MD
I'm thinking Moose lol ;) The shell above his head kinda looks like a set of antlers. But one of the scutes look like a lightening bolt so I may google some name meanings see if anything comes up!

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
Is there a scute deformity on them?
The one on the left looks like it has 2 extra scutes, and yours has one extra
I have read that this happens sometimes, but have never seen it, is that what we are looking at right after the front main scute?

Is that a scute mutation we see on the one on the left? Just behind the front main scute?
I have heard of it but never seen it, is that what we are looking at, an extra scute?

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Baltimore MD
Yep, he/she has extra scutes, These guys were being sold separately from it's siblings which I had originally emailed about, I was looking at the lighter babies which were sold out, but the color in this little guy was what I was looking for he just had extra "pieces" and from another thread I have learned theres no health concerns :)

I'm excited! More of em to love ;)

goodsmeagol said:
I have read that this happens sometimes, but have never seen it, is that what we are looking at right after the front main scute?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
That's exciting. Good for you. I know once you get started, it's hard to stop. They are adorable and great names.

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
So when will you get number 3?

I want 4 but one of my breeders told me no.. The otehr keeps trying to get me to incubate some eggs so i can learn how to do it... but then i wont be able to sell them.. i will be attached...stop it..

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Baltimore MD
lol @ #3 :D I give these to a go and see what I get into. I can foresee my future now.. Turning the hose to kids on my grazing lawn.. Crazy tort lady ;) Has a nice ring to it! *nods*

terracolson said:
So when will you get number 3?

I want 4 but one of my breeders told me no.. The otehr keeps trying to get me to incubate some eggs so i can learn how to do it... but then i wont be able to sell them.. i will be attached...stop it..

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
More unique too!
I would be interested to see what the growth looks like,

brookeekoorb said:
Yep, he/she has extra scutes, These guys were being sold separately from it's siblings which I had originally emailed about, I was looking at the lighter babies which were sold out, but the color in this little guy was what I was looking for he just had extra "pieces" and from another thread I have learned theres no health concerns :)

I'm excited! More of em to love ;)

goodsmeagol said:

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Baltimore MD
I'm waiting patiently for UPS "by 10:30 delivery".. 9:30 here on the east coast.. little ones status is "out for delivery" *sigh* this wait is gonna kill me!

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
brookeekoorb said:
I'm waiting patiently for UPS "by 10:30 delivery".. 9:30 here on the east coast.. little ones status is "out for delivery" *sigh* this wait is gonna kill me!

I'm feeling your pain, lol.
I remember waiting for the UPS truck when I got my first leopard, you'd think I was an expectant father waiting for his first born.
The driver jumped out of the van while juggling a box and my heart went to my throat. I squalled don't be so rough with that package, grabbed the box and turned and ran into the house. Can't remember if I said thanks or not, i was absolutely frantic to get the tort unpacked. Wasn't funny at the time, but now that I'm looking back on it I have to admit I was a bit of a nervous ninny and can laugh about it now.

Hope all goes as well as it did for us.

brookeekoorb

5 Year Member
Baltimore MD
I basically waiting with my face pressed up to the window for an hour :D Sure I looked crazy.. meh.. if the shoe fits right?

UPS guys did the same thing..bouncing box in his hand, snatched the box shot him a look that could have killed.. the box *UGH* taped to perfection! It took me 5 minutes to open it since I was afraid to use anything sharp.. don't need to poke any eyes out or add a wheel to a missing leg ;)

He was a MESS, poop.. very nice welcome.. *shakes head*

Love him already! Such a personality and very different from my other baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.