open enclosure inside the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtVic

5 Year Member
:D:D
looks easy, but took me almost a week(including buying the right materials and measure the size)

this is suitable for summer and WINTER, all I need to do just build a top
let me know what you think:D:D
194706chp2qzf1pl2wclc6.jpg
194736iik3mrf66xpjmzu6.jpg
194822dsbtbyqqb5p8zmqv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
That is sweeeeet....:D is there a water dish or do you soak each day?....I recall one time seeing someone make use of floor space in an indoor enclosure and I think it is a brilliant idea...also looks very cool....do you have a heat barrier between th substrate/hay and the cool tile floor?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
summer inside? or just night time?
I see pellets.. what kind? rabbit pellets tend to mold when they get wet.. and since they need moisture, that could be a problem.
Does he eat the hay yet?
I think its very nice, and great to dedicate such time and indoor space for your sulcata..
they grow fast.. Plans for future?

HtVic

5 Year Member
ascott said:
That is sweeeeet....:D is there a water dish or do you soak each day?....I recall one time seeing someone make use of floor space in an indoor enclosure and I think it is a brilliant idea...also looks very cool....do you have a heat barrier between th substrate/hay and the cool tile floor?

yea, I put a huge water dish, like a pool for my torts, when I took this picture, everything just temporary. I will probably have all set up this week

Laura said:
summer inside? or just night time?
I see pellets.. what kind? rabbit pellets tend to mold when they get wet.. and since they need moisture, that could be a problem.
Does he eat the hay yet?
I think its very nice, and great to dedicate such time and indoor space for your sulcata..
they grow fast.. Plans for future?

he doesnt eat those hay, dono why, maybe I provide him enough foods each day.
yea, I think I will build a top to make sure enough humi inside
and actually, i can expend this little house to as large as I want, so he will get more space in the future when he fully grow

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
wow.. neat to have a room inside to do that..
They usually wnot eat hay until older, but if you mix it in with his regular food and cut up the hay and put it on top of his food, he may eat some and get used to knowing its a food source.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
That is great! It looks so nice which is always good for an enclosure inside your home.

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
HtVic said:
:D:D
looks easy, but took me almost a week(including buying the right materials and measure the size)

this is suitable for summer and WINTER, all I need to do just build a top
let me know what you think:D:D

Looks pretty sweet

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Neat, Looks Great.
not a put down at all, but i would change that substrate to something that holds humidity and that's comfortable.
Coco-fiber, cypress mulch, dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.