Oops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
So today I was taking pics of one of my adult sulcatas so I could post him to sell. When I flipped it over for pics turns out its a female! I had been thinking it was male for a couple years now! When I bought it off a friend he said it was a male, (back then I didn't even know how to tell the difference) anyways nope its a female! Problem is my male isn't mating with it so its still no use to me... Might have to find someone with a similar problem to do a female swap with. Anyone know how to encourage them to mate? My male mates with my other female no problem! Anyways crazy story.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
In all honesty I have never heard of male sulcatas not wanting to mate, no offense intended but are you sure it is female?

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Maybe the guy is jaded...:)..Could be he just hasn't met his princess..

Katherine

5 Year Member
Are you positive it's female? I have never know a male sulcata who was not anxious to breed 24/7 regardless of which female they had at their disposal. You should post some pics : ) If its truly a female and still no breeding interest I would try separating them for a few weeks. I often give my girls a break from the constant badgering and the boys definitely pine for them after a week alone.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
dmmj said:
In all honesty I have never heard of male sulcatas not wanting to mate, no offense intended but are you sure it is female?

Positive. I have before, I've heard of situations where they grew up together and wouldn't mate but this isn't that scenario. He mates with my other female all the time. Could he just be playing favorites?

Tony the tank said:
Maybe the guy is jaded...:)..Could be he just hasn't met his princess..

Haha this is probably my most favorite comment ever on here.

katherine said:
Are you positive it's female? I have never know a male sulcata who was not anxious to breed 24/7 regardless of which female they had at their disposal. You should post some pics : ) If its truly a female and still no breeding interest I would try separating them for a few weeks. I often give my girls a break from the constant badgering and the boys definitely pine for them after a week alone.

My pic uploader won't work for some reason anymore and I have good pics to post too! Like I said though, I've heard of a male not mating with certain females but its not the norm. Definitely female though.

Status
Not open for further replies.