Only eats when I move him

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
George my red foot tortoise is about 2 years old now. He grew a lot in the first year. He is inside for the winter and his enclosure gets to 82 F. He seems to not be that active as he was. I mostly have to take him out so he goes to have a drink of water and eat his food. Hasn’t eaten that much lately either.
The weather in Canada is very odd it is actually a snow storm right now in April and he is usually outside by May in an enclosure.
Poop is fine and is drinking water but not as much eating. Gave him chicken and wet cat food seems to be fine with that but not eating his lettuce or his favourite fruit mango.
Did eat some cucumbers.
I did change his bowls though so I wonder if that might be it idk.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We are having the same crazy weather here too. Snow this morning, gone this afternoon. More possible next two days.
Try giving him some more light, making it brighter. If that don't pick him up bump the heat up a couple notches

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
If he is not eating much, then what you give him should be of the best possible nutritional value. Lettuce and Cucumber have very little. Can you get green beans, mustard greens, pumpkin, collard greens, kale, sweet peppers instead?
And he might like hard boiled egg, crushed with the shell for calcium.

Ontario, Canada
I know what I’m doing I take him to the vet and he gets his reptile supplement powder twice a week mixed in with his fruit salads. I feed him protein such as hard boiled eggs, wet cat food and cooked chicken. Just seems to be super lazy lately